Recently on Youtube there has been a make up tag making its way around the vloggersphere – 3 minute make up challenge. There have been some excellent videos in this tag from the admirable performances to the comedic ones. But the tag got me thinking about ways to do your make up in a rush so here are my top tips for speedy make up!
Don’t use brushes
– Nothing slows you down like trying to find brushes when you’re in a rush! Plus using your fingers gives you a pretty good feel for your make up when applying it. Use a pencil for eyebrows, its much quicker than using a brush and eyeshadow!
Use cream products
– I am a massive fan of cream blushes and highlighters. My favourite one is the Collection duo, above. This is incredibly cheap but very good! I use this if I’m in a rush in the morning, but most often, just before I leave work. If I’m meeting friends after work I pop a bit of this on to add some colour to my face and brighten my face. I love this product!
Go for the simple ‘my natural face but better’ look
– Nothing too complicated. Skip eyeshadow – or at least skip using a two colours – there is no time for blending! And if you rush blending it will look naff, no offence. Skip contouring, it take too long and if you rush it you can end up looking like a drag queen! For me I use a BB cream, foundation and some bronzer to add some colour. Then I use liquid eyeliner and mascara for my eyes, add a slick of lipstick and you’re good to go!
Take a compact with you and some lipstick
– A compact with a mirror can be invaluable! I love my Maybelline Fit Me powder, above, as there is a sizeable mirror and the powder is great to stop shine. My fail safe way to make myself feel a bit better about my face is to powder my face and add a bright lipstick such as Revlon’s Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie
– If you, like me, really struggle to get up in the morning meaning you are almost always rushing to get out the door on time, organisation is essential. I’ve set up my make up in order of when I’ll use it (roughly), it’s near my mirror and out ready to be used, not tucked away in drawers – saves loads of time!
Accept you’re not going to have a full, pristine face of make up. Just accept it. No ifs, no buts, just accept it. And realise that it’s not the end of the world if you go outside with minimal or no make up on – beauty is on the inside remember, so I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous whatever!